Top 7 Social Media Marketing Tips for Every Business
Using social media as a tool of marketing for small businesses has become imperative if they want to thrive into this competitive industry. Having a good social media marketing strategy makes businesses grow and reach their potential customers.
Social Media Marketing and Advertising are Best Business Growth Tools for Every Business
Its important that a brand has an interactive approach and a good presence online. Social Media Marketing (SMM) is a form of marketing which covers social media networks to achieve marketing communication and brand goals.
Here are 7 social media marketing tips that every business, big or small must follow to achieve brand growth:
1. Start With A Plan: Draft out a social media marketing strategy highlighting your brand goals and the image you want to cultivate in the minds of your audience. Make sure you define your target audience clearly and the message that would be going out to your audience.
2. Develop Your Goals: Keep a clear picture of your goals when doing social media marketing. For example-
– Increase Brand Awareness
– Increase Brand Visibility
– Increase Website traffic
– Building conversions
3. Develop Engaging Content: Content is king. When it comes to social media marketing, content has an upper- hand. Make sure the content or information that goes out to your audience is valuable and interesting. Your brand will stand out if the content is engaging and innovative.
4. Know your platform: Choosing the right social media platform to market your brand and reach the target audience is very crucial. Do a thorough research on your competitors of the segment before finalizing the social media platforms. Have full knowledge about all social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc and which platform will bring the most conversions.
5. Social Media Monitoring: Also known as Social Media Listening, this is one of the biggest missed opportunity. Social Media monitoring is highly recommended and crucial for a brand. Keeping a close watch over what your customers are saying about you, whether good or bad, helps you know where you are headed as a brand. Customer feedback is very important for brands.
6. Consistent Brand Image: Using social media as a marketing tool gives you the liberty as a brand to cultivate the image you want to, in the minds of your audience. However, each platform has its own tonality and thus its important that a brand keeps a consistent brand image.
7. Measure your success: Track your success on social media marketing through Google Analytics, a popular Web Analytics. Google Analytics will help you measure your triumphant social media marketing techniques.
Tarun is a Content Manager at Brandbazooka. His expertise lies in content marketing and creative branding. He has an experience of writing for a variety of industries, and his work has appeared in publications such as the Huffington Post and more. Catch him at his facebook profile.