When we want to launch a new website the first question arises in our brain is where to land our website, I mean on which hosting provider. Obviously you hear mixed talk from different people. At some point you feel confusing and start searching the web to read some reviews. Still after reading some reviews you many not quickly come to a conclusion. Bluehost, HostGator and GoDaddy are the biggest names in the web hosting industry. So I tried to compare the best web hosting providers in terms of plans, features, server downtime, support and perks. First I will explain about each web hosting provider individually and finally I’ll compare these three web hosting providers.
Best Web Hosting – Bluehost vs HostGator vs GoDaddy
Bluehost Web Hosting Review
Bluehost was founded in the year 1996 by Matt Heaton. Since it’s beginning Bluehost has evolved as a web hosting giant. It is currently hosting over 1.9 million domains. Tech Knol is now hosted on Bluehost. Bluehost has mastered in everything right from the plans to customer support. In addition Bluehost provides $200 worth coupons which you can use to increase your social followers.
1. Bluehost pre sales support can actually help you to contact the sales team via chat to discuss the best plans that suits to your needs.
2. cPanel – Bluehost cPanel has got a new look in last month which very user friendly even a newbie can use all the tools in Cpanel without any support.
3. Everything Unlimited – Every Bluehost account gets unlimited hosting (disk space & bandwidth), unlimited domains hosting, unlimited file transfer and unlimited email accounts.
4. WordPress Ready – Bluehost has 1 click installation to WordPress powered by Mojo, a market place for premium WordPress themes and plugins. Bluehost is WordPress recommended hosting provider from many years.
5. Tools – Bluehost cPanel is equipped with the best Webmaster tools which makes your website maintenance much easier.
6. Always Up – The server downtime on Bluehost is very negligible compared to all other hosting providers.
7. CloudFlare – Bluehost has associated with CloudFlare CDN to boost your website speed and reduce server downtime.
8. Email Accounts – With Bluehost you can setup unlimited email accounts with your domain name.
9. Video Library – Bluehost YouTube channel has detailed videos explaining how to use different tools in Bluehost cPanel.
10. Instant Support – Bluehost provides 24×7 technical support to their customers. So most of the issues get resolved on chat itself. If the criticality of the issue is high they will forward it higher end technical people.
11. Perks – As a promotional offer Bluehost gives you $200 worth Facebook, Twitter and Adwords coupons which will help you in increasing your social followers.
12. Bluehost anytime money-back guarantee ensures that if you cancel your hosting account within 30 days Bluehost will refund your full amount. If you cancel your account after 30 days, you will receive a prorated refund for the remainder of your current hosting period.
Unlike other hosting providers Bluehost doesn’t have monthly plans that’s why this hosting is not recommend for seasonal websites olympic2014.com, fifa2015.com because these kind of websites are occasion or event based started to just monetize that particular event. After that particular event they will shut down the website.
Expect that small con if you have long term goals then Bluehost is the best and cheapest web hosting provider on the web with great user interface and tons of tools to use.
HostGator Web Hosting Review
HostGator was founded by Brent Oxley in the year 2002. HostGator has over 400000 customers. Let’s look in to pros and cons of HostGator web hsoting.
1. HostGator has pre sales support which will help you to contact the sales team via chat to discuss the best plans that fits to your needs.
2. cPanel – HostGator cPanel is well organized but the look is not so attractive like Bluehost.
3. Usage Policy – HostGator offers unlimited hosting (disk space & bandwidth), unlimited file transfer and unlimited email accounts.
4. WordPress Ready – HostGator has 1 click installation to WordPress.
5. Tools – HostGator cPanel has many tools which will make your website maintenance much easier.
6. Server Downtime – HostGator guarantees 99.9% uptime which means negligible server downtime.
7. Email Accounts – With HostGator you can setup unlimited email accounts with your domain name.
8. Instant Support – HostGator provides 24×7 technical support to their customers via chat and support tickets.
9. Video Library – HostGator YouTube channel has all how to videos using customers can easily use HostGator cPanel tools.
10. Perks – HostGator is providing $100 Adwords coupons to their customers. In addition you will get access to 4500 free templates to build your website.
11. If you are not satisfied with HostGator if you cancel your account within 45 days you will receive full refund.
1. Although HostGator says 99.9% uptime, there many times history HostGator faced severe server outage and downtime.
2. On HostGator we can host only one domain with the basic plan where as on Bluehost you can host unlimited domains.
3. cPanel design needs to be upgraded for better look.
GoDaddy Web Hosting Review
GoDaddy was by Bob Parsons in the year. Initially it was a domain registrations company. Later it started providing hosting services. Tech Knol is registered with GoDaddy and hosted on Bluehost. In addition to domain registrations and web hosting GoDaddy also sells eCommerce related software and services. Following are the pros and cons of GoDaddy web hosting.
1. GoDaddy customers can pre sales support to get hosting suggestions based on your needs.
2. cPanel – GoDaddy cPanel design resembles like Bluehost cPanel which means great look and user friendly.
3. WordPress Ready – GoDaddy has 1 click installation to WordPress.
4. Tools – GoDaddy cPanel has more useful tools for webmasters.
5. Server Downtime – Like HostGator, GoDaddy is also giving guarantee of 99.9% uptime which means negligible server downtime.
6. Instant Support – GoDaddy technical support has won many awards you will get satisfactory customer support.
7. Video Library – GoDaddy YouTube channels video tutorials about GoDaddy tools and some fun videos.
8. Perks – For the basic plan 10 Fotolia credits.
9. For annual products you will receive full refund if you cancel your account within 45 days and for monthly products you have to cancel within 48 hours. If you cancel your account after 45 days you will get prorated refund based on the date of purchase.
1. The basic GoDaddy hosting plan is offering only limited disk space and limited email accounts which is really a worse thing.
2. cPanel should be equipped with more tools for webmasters.
3. The promotional offers are not so attractive when compared to other web hosting providers.
Best Web Hosting – Bluehost vs HostGator vs GoDaddy
In the below table we are going to compare the best web hosting service providers based on 3 years basic plan.
I published this article based on my experience with the 3 hosting providers. Of the 3 web hosting providers discussed in this post Bluehost is the best web hosting provider with great features and offers.
If you enjoyed reading this post you would be doing a huge favour by sharing this post on Facebook and twitter, and by leaving me a comment to let me know what you think.