Why to Transfer YouTube Channel to Another Google Account?
Sometimes you want to transfer YouTube channel to another Google account. Either you want to delete your current Google account but retain your YouTube channel or for some reasons you created YouTube channel on Google account which you are not active. If you delete your Google account all your Google products will be deleted including YouTube channel. In case if you have uploaded many videos to your YouTube channel, which has many subscribers and views. In that case you can transfer YouTube account to another Google account instead of deleting it.
Google introduced content partnership program using which user can monetize their YouTube videos. We link Google adsense account to YouTube channel thus we earn money by placing ads in our videos. Recently I cancelled my adsense application. Here comes the real problem. My YouTube monetization tab was disabled because I don’t have an active adsense account.
Then I decided to change my YouTube account’s mail id. I want to transfer my YouTube channel to another Google account. Especially I want to transfer my YouTube channel subscribers and the videos. Before May 2009 YouTube and Google are two different products. But now we can login to YouTube account with your Google account and every YouTube channel is linked to a Google+ profile or page.
How to Transfer YouTube Channel to Another Google Account?
Before actually getting into YouTube channel transfer process I would like to mention one thing. If your YouTube channel is connected to a Google+ profile you cannot transfer the channel because you can’t add mangers to your Google+ profile. So this procedure only works with YouTube channels those are connected to Google+ pages.
1. To transfer YouTube channel your channel to a Google+ profile or page. Switch to channel which you want to transfer and visit channel YouTube Settings there you can see Link Your Channel with Google+. If you created YouTube channel recently a Google+ page by default.
2. After connecting YouTube channel to Google+ page you have to add another Google+ Profile as Manger to your page. You can do it in two ways. Either visit channel settings and click on Add or remove managers or visit Google+ page settings and click on Managers tab. If you don’t see add or remove managers in your YouTube channel settings you cannot manually transfer the your YouTube channel. In such case follow the procedure to transfer YouTube channel connected to a Google+ profile discussed in this post.
3. Under Managers tab click on Add tab and enter either email id or Google+ profile to which you want to transfer your YouTube channel. Finally hit Invite.
4. You will receive an email invitation. Click on Become a manager.
5. Now head over to primary Google+ account. Visit Google+ page settings managers tab and click on Transfer ownership.
6. Usually newly added Manager should be active for at least 14 days in order to get ownership.
After 14 days transfer ownership to manger. From then you can manage your YouTube channel by logging in with new Google account.
How to Transfer YouTube Channel to Google+ Profile or Page?
Now you can transfer your YouTube channel to your Google account or or page. You can move your channel from YouTube advanced settings. Click on Move Channel to your Google Account of different Google+ Page.
Then it will show your YouTube channel current status with it’s linked profile or page and available options.
Select desired Google profile or page which you want to connect your YouTube channel. If you are moving to a profile or page which is already connected with other YouTube channel, YouTube will warn you by saying existing channel will get deleted.
After you select the desired Google profile or page click on Move Channel.
Then YouTube will warn about your action just confirm by clicking on Move Channel.
Now you can see message saying “Your YouTube channel has been successfully moved”.
Check out below tutorial to learn how to move your YouTube channel to Google profile or page.
Transferring your YouTube channel is very easy. Just transfer ownership of the associated Google+ page to new Google account. Using this procedure your entire YouTube channel along with subscribers and videos gets transferred to a new Google+ page or profile associated with another Gmail id. Hope our post helped in transferring your YouTube channel to other Google account.
If our post helped in transferring your YouTube channel to other Google account please do us a favor by subscribing to our YouTube channel 🙂