As a website owner you want to know about your website traffic. Like how visitors are coming to your website, how many visits, from which location etc. There are many online tools which gives your website statistics. Among all Google Analytics is the best tool for analyzing your website.
Google Analytics is a free service offered by google which generates statistics about visits to a website. Google analytics has integrated Adwords where advertiser can monitor their ad campaigns and Adsense where publishers can monitor their adsense earnings.
Following are the features of Google Analytics :
1. Content Analytics – Helps you understand which parts of your website are performing well, which pages are most popular so you can create a better experience for your customers.
2. Social Analytics – Analyzes how visitors interact with sharing features on your site and engage with your content across social platforms.
3. Mobile Analytics – Helps you measure the impact of mobile on your business
4. Conversion Analytics – Analyzes how users are engaging with your site with Google Analytics’ range of analysis features.
5. Advertising Analytics – Analyzes how well your social, mobile, search and display ads are working. Link your website activity to your marketing campaigns to get the complete picture and improve your advertising performance.
For using google analytics first you need to sign with your google account. Go to Admin panel and add your account, then add new website and then create a profile. Under Track code tab copy the track code and paste it to the website for which you want google to generate statistics. Under social settings Tab add your facebook fan page or twitter or Youtube page url to track statistics of your social profiles.
From next time when you login to google analytics click on profile for which you want to see statistics and then Standard Reporting tab on top the screen. There is also premium version of analytics available where you can get in depth statistics of your website visits.
Google Analytics for WordPress
If you are a WordPress blogger you can use Google Analyticator plugin to track your WordPress blog. This plugin can track your blog traffic, site speed, adsense and events. This plugin also includes a widget to display your blog stats.
Google Analyticator has a feature where you can see your Google Analytics data right on your WordPress dashboard. You can see last 30 days or week or Yesterday’s traffic, Top Referrer and Top searches.
Google Analyticator comes with Google Analytics Stats widget using which you can display your blog stats on your blog. You can customize the plugin with the number of days, color etc.
The stats widget looks like in below pic.