Top 10 SEO Techniques 2019
In today’s digitally connected world, it has become essential for businesses to have an online presence. However, just creating a website is not enough to grab the attention of the customers. Even if you can create an impressive and user-friendly website design, it will still be incomplete without the implementation of advanced SEO techniques and strategies. Read now experts Recommended Top 10 SEO Techniques.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing the content with a purpose to increase the website traffic through organic search engine results. Every business wants to be on top of the search engine query. Just a position in the search engines can help you reap the benefits business.
Top 10 SEO Techniques 2019
In today’s fast-moving world, SEO techniques change rapidly. This necessitates you to keep abreast of the latest trends and techniques to stay in the cut-throat competitive marketplace. Tactics that helped you in gaining first-page ranking in 2017 may no longer be effective today. That’s why it is essential to understand the latest SEO techniques.
Here is the list of top 10 SEO techniques recommended by experts that will help you to win 2019:
1) Improve Engagement: In simple terms, engagement is the ability to hold the attention of the audience. But from SEO point of view, it is the measurement of the amount of time spent by a user on page or website.
According to a study, there is a correlation between the bounce rate and the organic position. As per the Google’s algorithm, if a visitor spends more time on a page, it is probably because they found that page useful. Google only ranks websites with strong engagement on top of the search engine results.
There are ways to boost your existing content:
● Format your content in short paragraphs/sentences, add bullet points, and give informative sub-headers to improve page readability.
● Use Bucket Brigades—a technique that is used to keep the visitors on the page.
● Use images throughout your content
● Write content in an inverted pyramid style—the method of writing the critical information at the top following up with the least important information
● Improving bounce rate through proper optimization
2) Make exiting pages longer: As per the study conducted by Backlinko, the longer the content, the higher will be the ranking at the SERP’s. However, writing a blog of 2000+ words is not for everyone. It is a time-consuming process as well.
Instead, it is much simpler to rephrase the content of the post with updated information that is already doing well on Google.
3) Focusing on YouTube Content: You may wonder what video content has to do with SEO? Well, YouTube video content drives more traffic to the website. According to Forbes, YouTube is the second largest search engine with 3 billion searches per month, which is much larger than Yahoo, Bing, and AOL. Below are some of the ways to improve your YouTube SEO:
● Making SEO friendly Videos with compelling title and description
● Make longer videos. To get more attention, try to make a video at least 5 minutes long.
● Use better thumbnails to get more clicks.
4) Improve the loading time: In 2010, Google announced that the load speed of the page would be a key determinant in page ranking. Unfortunately, what should be the exact site speed is still under speculation. But according to the survey, users expect a site to load in 2 or 3 seconds. The page loading speed not only helps you to gain a higher position in search engine results but also increase your conversions.
Here are a few tips that can help you to improve the loading time of the page:
● Use Content Delivery Network (CDN) — a group of servers that delivers content to a user from the geographically nearest server
● Compress your images
● Prevent pop-ups and ad scripts
● Disable plug-ins that are no longer in use
5) Focus on topics instead of keywords: In 2012, Google made significant changes in its algorithm, which is known as Penguin update with an effort to diminish the practice of keyword stuffing and manipulating links. The objective of Google is now to understand the expectations of users and show the results that can help them best in answering their queries. Today, websites willing to come in Google search results focus on topics rather than keyword stuffing.
We are discussing Top 10 SEO Techniques those works in 2019.
Here are things that need to be taken into consideration to know users expectations:
● Know your target audience
● Organize content into different themes
● Research keywords by using various tools such as Keyword explorer, SEMRush, etc.
6) Build Backlinks: According to Google, building backlinks is still an essential factor in determining search rank regardless of what you have heard. If a site with higher authority links back to your site, Google will consider your site more trustable. Lower quality backlinks can harm your website. When Google finds your backlink, it either —
● Count the link and help you with the ranking
● Ignore the link
● Penalize your site because it finds the link manipulative
7) Reporting and analytics: It is the most critical part of SEO. To keep getting the good search ranking, you have to make efforts to improve it continuously. Go through the analytics tool and understand: for instance, which content is most likely by your customers? Which part of the website has user experience issues?
● Datastudio: It is a great tool that helps marketers to collect data from various sources (traffic, engagement, and ranking) into a single interface. The metrics can assist in determining the effectiveness of your SEO strategy. Along with that, you can also see what your competitors are doing? What techniques are they following? Marketers can share the data internally or with the clients as well.
● Wayback Machine: It is also one great tool that helps the marketers in finding the older disappeared links, tracking website modifications that result in traffic changes and using archived pages as evidence.
We are discussing Top 10 SEO Techniques those works in 2019.
8) Technical Optimization: It’s essential to have a robust and sophisticated yet user-friendly site free from technical glitches. Any issues in your website in the pick-hour may ruin your brand reputation. Following techniques and tips will help you optimize your site:
● Switch to HTTPS: It is a secure version of the hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) web protocol. This practice will help your website to increase its SEO presence, stay protected, and make it difficult for malicious parties to hack your site.
● AMP for Mobile: It is an open source coding that helps publishers to load their mobile site quickly. It usually combines three components-HTML tags, AMP JS library, and AMP cache.
● Budget Money to Control: If you want to have a good search ranking, it is important to use SEO crawlers. These crawlers extract all the necessary information by visiting every page of the website. There are many crawlers such as Deep Crawl, Botify, Screaming Frog, Moz, SEMRush, etc. that can help you to make your work easier yet professional.
● Correct your Semantic Markup: Marketers use Semantic Markups to help Google understand the website data. These are basically HTML tags that help Google crawlers understand what your content is all about.
● Fix 404 Errors: We usually get to see “No Error” or “404 Error fond” on websites. Such errors often occur when a visitor clicks on broken links. Broken links can negatively affect the visitor’s experience and your website credibility. No matter which platform you use, count the number of page views for “404 page” and fix it by adding a secondary URL. This will help you in regaining inbound links and boost UX.
● Optimize logo files: There are two ways to optimize logo files on your website — By using the ALT attribute (the HTML attribute that is used to specify an alternate text for image or other graphics on the site), and by optimizing it by naming the logo file with the company’s name with a short description.
9) Local Listings and SEO: You might be wondering how the local listing can be a part of SEO strategy. How can your business information help you rank better? Well, Google looks at every place your business is online and gives you a Quality Score through its algorithm. One way to get a good rating is to provide correct business information. Even things like putting a comma to a wrong place can affect your Quality Score.
10) Guest Posting: It is a strategy of getting more exposure and links by posting own blog to other’s blog. Since links work as an important ranking factor in SEO, guest blogging provides an opportunity to get backlinks from another website. The concept is very simple — when you write a blog for another popular site, you put links to the website or page you want to promote.
When readers read your blog, they will click on those links. When you get links from authoritative blogs, it will definitely improve the ranking.
These Top 10 SEO Techniques will help the businesses and companies, startups, e-commerce store sites to promote their website visibility and making friendly to search engine. SEO is a fast moving and forever changing the domain. Using an old strategy and technique may hurt your business. Keeping abreast of the latest techniques is imperative to stay on the top in the industry.
Which SEO technique is working best for business? Share with us in the below comment section.
Article: Top 10 SEO Techniques Recommended by Experts
Anne Carton is a small business consultant, designer and an enthusiast blogger working with Designhill, one of the fastest-growing custom design marketplace. She has authored several blogs, articles, and editorials on various topics related to book cover design, brochure design, interactive content, concerning design, social media strategies, growth hack strategies, digital marketing, and e-commerce.